Too busy to cook? Too lazy to cook? We’ve all been there! One of the best ways to save yourself from slaving away in the kitchen at the end of a long workday is meal kits. They’re more nutritious than fast food, and less expensive than ordering delivery from a restaurant. And some of the relatively cheap meal kits are actually really good, so you don’t have to suffer for being cost-conscious!
Let’s take a look at some of the most popular meal kits that are also fairly affordable:
Starting at $4.99 per serving, EveryPlate is one of the most affordable meal kits on the market. It offers a variety of family-friendly recipes, as well as vegetarian and gluten-free options.
Starting at $5.99 per serving, Dinnerly is another budget-friendly meal kit option. It offers simple, easy-to-follow recipes that are pretty hard to mess up, even if you’re clueless in the kitchen.
Starting at $7.99 per serving, HelloFresh is a more premium meal kit option. It offers a wider variety of recipes, as well as more options to customize meals to your taste.
- Blue Apron
Starting at $9.99 per serving, Blue Apron is one of the most popular meal kit delivery services. It offers high-quality ingredients and chef-curated recipes.
- Home Chef
Starting at $10.99 per serving, Home Chef is another popular meal kit delivery service. It offers a variety of family-friendly recipes, as well as customizable options.
Beyond cheap meal kits: other things to consider
Price isn’t everything, though—there are a few other things to consider when choosing a meal kit delivery service. Also think about:
- The selection: Make sure the meal kit service offers a variety of recipes that you’ll enjoy.
- The quality of the ingredients: The ingredients should be fresh, high-quality, and pre-measured to save you time.
- The ease of preparation: The recipes should be easy to follow and shouldn’t require a lot of time or effort to cook.
- The customer service: Make sure the meal kit service has good customer service in case you have any problems.
Ultimately, the best meal kit delivery service for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. If you’re looking for an affordable option, EveryPlate or Dinnerly are solid choices. If you’re looking for a more premium option with a wider variety of recipes, HelloFresh or Blue Apron might be the best fit for you. And if you’re looking for a meal kit service that caters to families, Home Chef is your best bet.
The bottom line: ways to save more
Looking to save more on meal kits? Here are some tactics to try:
- Sign up for a free trial: Many meal kit delivery services offer free trials, so you can try them out before you commit to a subscription.
- Use a promo code: Meal kit delivery services often offer promo codes for discounts on your first order.
- Order in bulk: If you’re ordering for a family, you can save money by ordering in bulk.
- Refer a friend: Many meal kit delivery services offer discounts for referring friends.
By following these tips, you can save money on meal kits and enjoy delicious, healthy meals at home.